Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baby Tuxedo Crochet Pattern

I am so excited to show you what I have been working on over the last week!  I have had a baby Tuxedo on my list to design for a while and decided it was time to get it done.  We have 3 daughters right now and are expecting our 4th child in April.  Since this will be our last baby, we have decided not to find out if it's a boy or girl.  Although it is driving everyone around us crazy, I think it will be fun to be surprised. 

My oldest daughters blessing dress was handmade by a wonderful friend of mine.  My middle daughter's dress was made by my mother in law and my youngest daughters dress was made by my mom.  I wanted each to have their own keepsake from their blessing day and each dress is beautiful.  I figure that it is my turn to make the blessing outfit for this baby and since I don't know how to sew, I will crochet an outfit.  Not knowing if it's a boy or girl, I will be making my Angelique dress for a girl and a tuxedo for a boy. 

Pattern available here: Angelique pattern on Craftsy



It will look much better with a dress shirt and bow tie - but I couldn't wait to share


I wasn't sure if a crocheted tuxedo would even look good.  I've only seen a pattern for 1 while searching the web and it wasn't exactly what I had in mind, so I HAD to come up with my own.  I'm actually quite pleased with the way it turned out.  It was a LOT of work, but I think it will be worth it.  This black one was specifically for design purposes and I will be making a white one for the baby.  I still have to design the pants to go with it, but compared to this - pants should be a piece of cake! 

I'm typing up the pattern over the next few days and will have it tested by the ladies in my testing group.  It should be ready to release with in the next week or 2 :)

What do you think?  Would you make or use a crocheted baby tuxedo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation