Saturday, October 22, 2011

Homemade Powdered Laundry Soap

My friend shared with me the recipe for Homemade Powdered Laundry soap, so I made some this morning.

The original recipe is: 1 Cup Borax, 1 Cup Washing Baking Soda (must be washing) and 1 Bar of Ivory Soap shredded. 

We added 1 Cup of Oxy Clean also (because we love it) and I went a little extra and added a little bit of Fabric softener crystals (because I wanted the smell)

Stir it all together and use 1 TBSP per load of laundry.


Cost???  I bought a 4 lb box of Borax for $3.36
                                1.3 lb tub of Oxiclean for $3.86
                               55 oz Box of Washing soda for $3.24
                               3pk of Ivory soap for $1.50
                               28oz Purex Crystals for $3.97
          I've only made one batch, so I haven't broken down exactly how much this will all make yet but the cost is much lower than what I had been paying.  I also have the recipe for the homemade liquid laundry soap.  If you are interested in that, leave a comment and I will post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation