Wednesday, January 11, 2017

You're Going to LOVE this early Valentines Special!

Winter is in FULL  gloom and doom mode right now in Utah!  While many are cursing the storms, I actually love the snow and appreciate the moisture it brings and the beauty of the white fields and trees around us.  Now is the perfect time to stay inside and  crochet your heart away so be sure to watch for a special code in this post!  



2016 was a good year for Crafting Friends Designs and my LOVE for crochet really showed through in many designs.  The world needs more love and 5 new crochet patterns were released during 2016 to help spread some love and cheer.










First was my Heartbeat Chevron Afghan.  This design will always be one of my favorites because it pushed me a little harder to get it exactly how I wanted it and the results were thrilling.   You know how I DESPISE stitching things together, so to be able to work this afghan all in 1 piece is fantastic!




Come spring and summer time, I still like to have blankets around.  Honestly, I'm a little obsessed with them.  It can be the middle of summer and very warm and I still snuggle in afghans.  I just find them comforting.  We don't want a heavy one adding to the heat though, so the Heart to Heart Chevron Afghan is just right for that time of year.  With it's tiny little hearts and open lace design, you can't go wrong.

Then comes fall.  Such a beautiful time of year with the colors of the trees changing.  The mornings and nights start cooling off and many are out taking advantage of our beautiful surroundings and getting some exercise.  It's also the time we start gearing up for service projects for those in need.  I designed the Heart Throb Scarf as part of a Crochet Charity Drive hosted by my friend Sonya over at Blackstone Designs.  You can find out more about it and grab this pattern for free HERE on my blog or get the printable pdf in my ravelry shop for a small cost. 

And then, we MUST add a rainbow design into the mix - right???!!!   I was playing around with a new (to me) stitch from one of my books one day and thought - oooo, if I made this 1 adjustment, it would totally be hearts (insert squeel).  I couldn't work on it alone! I HAD to share the fun with others and work it as a CAL with some fans and friends.  And so, the Heartfelt Rainbow Afghan and Heartfelt Scarf were born.  The play on the colors of the rainbow is so bright and cheery and well worth all those dang ends that I had to stitch in.  The solid color for the scarf is so pretty and subtle, yet still filled with the love it was meant to give.



What do you think?  Do you have a favorite?  Have you made any of these designs yet?  I hope that you have enjoyed or will enjoy these as much as I have.

To spread the LOVE of crochet, I have a special offer in my Ravelry shop for these patterns through Saturday January 14, 2017.  Use code  Love2017 on any of my heart designs and receive 50% off.  If you find other patterns that you love and want a few more, just add them to your cart and enjoy 25% off of those too with the same code. 
Happy 2017 and happy crochet time!  

Be sure to follow me on other social media so you don't miss out on the latest releases and special offers.
Facebook



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! Just purchased 2 designs! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation