Monday, February 10, 2014

Featured Crafter: Live Laugh Love Crochet

Good morning my friends.  Are you ready to meet another crafter? 
This week, you will be able to get to know Nancy Creek from Live Laugh Love Crochet

Nancy has been testing my designs for a few months and I'm excited to get to know her better along with you!



 



What is your main business focus?
Live Laugh Love on ravelry
     My main focus is just doing something that I love for my kids, family, friends and others who appreciate my work. I started crocheting 5 years ago right before I had my son. He was my inspiration. I wanted to make him a blanket.  Nothing fancy, just a plain baby blanket. Now here I am 5 years later reading/writing patterns making dresses, pillows, graph-ghans, and so much more. All of this is thanks to my family and friends for their encouraging words. 





What is your greatest accomplishment or what are you most proud of?
My greatest accomplishment thus far would have to be meeting all the other wonderful crocheters that I have come to know and call my friends. They have accepted me into their lives and I just love being apart of the community.

What is something you struggle with?
TIME! Time is always a struggle when you have children and families to care for. I seriously need more hours in the day to create at least half of the wonderful things I see.  I have tested patterns for numerous designers but I test for 3 different ladies on a regular basis and LOVE their designs. I can not get enough of them hence the reason I struggle with time lol.
Rachel's Shell Cloche Pattern

What advice would you give someone starting out?
Hmmm, first thing first NEVER GIVE UP!!! Ever. If you are working on a difficult pattern take a deep breath and walk away. Come back to it in a couple hours or even the next day. If someone tries to discourage you stand tall and prove them wrong. You can create anything if you set your mind to it.
Mommy & Me Hat and Infinity Scarf Pattern

Is there someone in the craft community that you admire and why?
Well to be honest I admire all my fellow crafters. They all make wonderful creations in their own way. If I had to choose 3 people they would be my dearest friend Rylie of Mother Dear Crochet, Colleen of Tricity Hokes Creations, and Kate of Crafting Friends Designs. These 3 ladies have been very understanding with me and have talked me through a lot of things. They are always sweet and there when I need to talk or help on a pattern. 
Thanks Nancy for sharing with us.  Good luck in your new adventures and keep up the good work!
Now that you know Nancy a little better,  here is a link to her blog
www.livelaughlovecrochet.weebly.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation