Friday, September 13, 2013

2013 Christmas Pattern Set Contest

Happy Weekend my friends!  I hope you are able to get out and enjoy a little fall weather.  It has been a typical fall here with sunshine and rain and that crisp, clean cold air in the morning - Love it! 

While I don't care for cold or driving in the snow with crazy people who don't know how to drive in the snow,  I do love winter.  To me, it's wonderful to have the definite change of seasons because it makes you appreciate each one a little more :)  Plus, I love Thanksgiving and Christmas time.  Very Family oriented holidays for us and I love my family!

So,  now is the time everyone is starting to get their ideas going for Christmas presents.  I'm going to start my Christmas contest on October 1st and end it on the 31st.  This will give everyone some time to work up some Christmas outfits and also give the winner some time to use their prize. We haven't had a big support for this contest (I'm a little surprised), so if this one does not get much response, I will not be continuing them.  If we do get a great response this time,  I may throw in some extra prizes, so help me spread the word and get as many projects in this as possible.
                                                                                    Rules as follows:
1.You must use one of my patterns to make a "set". You could use the Bubble Sweater pattern and then make a pair of booties to go with it, or a dress pattern and make a bonnet or hat to make it a set. It must be Christmas/Winter themed - whether it is a Christmasy color or you use a santa hat or elf shoes, Mrs. Claus cape, etc...it's up to you.

2.  The second pattern you use will need to be from another designer.  You will need to let me know what pattern you used and also provide a link to that pattern so that I can give credit to the designer when photos are posted. (also Christmas/winter themed to match your first project)



3.  Your items do not need to be modeled.  You are welcome to share good photos of just the items themselves. 

4.  Entries need to be emailed to me no later than Oct 31st to be included.  Please include the pattern info with your photo and use 2013 Christmas Contest Entry in the subject line. 

Entries will be judged and a winner will be chosen the first week of November.  Winner will be given $25 through paypal to use how ever they prefer. 

To give everyone a chance to get the pattern they want to use for this contest,  I am offering 50% off all of my patterns through Sept 28th from  Crafting Friends on Ravelry.

Good Luck Everyone!  I can't wait to see all the amazing sets you make.  If you need any suggestions on accessory patterns, feel free to email me or contact me through Crafting Friends on FaceBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation