Wednesday, June 15, 2011

May 2011 Projects complete

Blog Hop Button Finished on the 15th: FaveCrafts Blog Hop for June

A friend of mine puts together a box with a blanket, clothes for a hospital here in Utah. When premature babies pass away, the nurses dress them and put them in the blanket and take pictures for the family.  Then everything is put in the box and given to the family for something to keep in rememberance of their baby.  Such a sad experience that I hope I never have to go through.  To help her with her donation, I have made a few things for her. the blankets are size 2'x2' and then premie size hats.





2 comments:

  1. How wonderful of you. I lost my precious grand daughter when she was 1 yr and 3 days old. She had a heart transplant at 8 months. I still cry everyday..almost a year and a half later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I don't feel it's enough, but it's a start. If I can do 1 or 2 a month, I will feel better about it. I'm also thinking I might make some for the women's shelter, but I need to see if it's something they need first. I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard it would be to watch a baby go through a transplant. It sounds like she tried to fight for quite a while though. Keep the good memories close :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation