I saw this cute little pink and white flowered ribbon at Walmart the other day and knew I had to use it for some dresses. I really wish I would have started crocheting baby dresses 3 yrs ago...I wouldn't have had to buy any for my girls. Now that I am out of spring colors, I will be working on Christmas dresses. I hope everyone is having a good week. Stay tuned for the Christmas results.
I made it to the store over the weekend and stocked up on ribbon and buttons. I was able to complete these 5 dresses yesterday. I really like the flower buttons on the yellow dress and I will use more like this in the future. What do you think?
This is one of my latest dresses. Once again, I have many more that are ready to post, but have run out of ribbon. I think I just need to buy out the store next time I go so I will have enough on hand.
I am running out of room for all the items I have been making. I wanted to get a booth in the local craft fair, but there isn't any more space. I decided to offer a discount for my friends and followers, so right now in my Etsy shop, you can receive 10% off any order by using code: MYGIFTTOYOU http://www.etsy.com/people/KatesCraftsnMore?ref=si_pr
Thanks for your support!
I decided I better type up my pattern for the X Stitch Preemie hat before my toddlers destroy it. These are really tiny, so if you want a variety of sizes since Preemies vary in size depending on how early they were born, you can adjust your hook size to a larger hook.
I just created this Butterfly Dress over the last few days. It took a few times of crochet and unraveling to get it how I wanted it. I liked it as I was making it, but now that it's complete, I'm not sure what I think. It looks different than I imagined...Anyone else run into this? Maybe it will grow on me.
I have been so busy with canning spaghetti sauce and this coming week will be peaches that I lost track of time on my posts. In between the canning, I have been able to make a few more dresses. The first one (purple) I used a pattern in a book that I have. To be honest, I wasn't sure I liked all the ruffle when I finished it, but looking at the picture now, I think I do. I am one for simple patterns and while I liked teh look of this dress, I hated keeping track of which row I was on in the pattern. So...the next 2 dresses were my own version of the pattern. The blue and cream one, I like, but it is quite slim. The Green and White one, I decided to try and make it a little more flowy and I think it worked. I wrote the instructions down as I made it, but need to test them on another dress to make sure they are actually understandable before I type it all up. If you would be interested in the pattern, please let me know.
Forest Green & White
The 4th dress I had seen on one of the websites that I frequent and loved it so I decided to purchase the pattern from http://www.gocrochet.com/ to make for my girls. It started out for my 1 1/2 yr old and I even used a smaller hook than was called for and I decided I must crochet much larger than the creator of the pattern. As I finished the Yoke of the dress, I realized it would fit my 3yr old, so I comprimised and just adjusted the rest of the dress for her. So, I didn't actually follow the rest of the pattern - though I plan to on the next one. We tried it on her several times along the way to make sure it was still working. This is the end result (minus the buttons...I don't have any large enough for the button holes yet) I think it turned out quite cute, but I will be making up my own pattern for my younger daughter.
I finished this dress this morning and LOVE it! There are over 200 red beads and I used a red ribbon to tie the back...The difference is, the others are left completely open in the back and this one I connected at the waist. I am now in search of different color beads in order to have a good variety. I almost purchased green the other day...I gues I should have...I might have to make a trip to the store and see if they are still there.
I have never used beads in my crocheting until now. I thought these dresses would be pretty with beads and decided to give it a try. The first one I did was the white one. I only put around 30 beads on my yarn and worked them in accross the front just below the chest and then a few in the body. I loved how it looked, but realized that I needed a ton more, but wasn't willing to cut the yarn and add more. I don't like having ends in the middle of things.
The second one I made with beads is the pink dress and I used the white as a template and counted out where I wanted them in the stitches...this time I ended up with 201 beads. It is hard to see in the pictures because I used clear beads on both of thes dresses, but I used 18 beads around each arm hole and the remaining I scattered throughout the body.
I was finally able to get the ribbon on these dresses. I have 2 others that are complete, but I'm out of the white ribbon, so I will post those next week. I decided I wanted to try and make something for a boy. I purchased a pattern book from the store a week or so ago and finally opened it today to start working on a jacket. To my disappointment, this pattern was for knitting...I guess I will have to keep searching for the right one. If any of you know a good pattern for baby boys, please let me know.