Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Whooo has a Snappy fun personality and came to visit me yesterday?

For the past few years, I had hoped that I could find someone locally who loves to crochet as much as I do.  I love to get out and visit but it's not so easy with little kids.  Well,  Guess who lives within 20 minutes from me.... Snappy Tots!!!!  Woo Hoo!  I was able to meet her a few months ago and (heaven help me) she recorded us meeting in our local Walmart yarn section.  I'm very self conscious, so that was a little scary - but fun.  We've been able to chat a bunch since then and one of these days, I WILL get her to slow down for a while and bring her son over to play with my kids and nephews.  They would have a blast and we could talk and crochet - how awesome would that be!!??




If you follow Snappy Tots, you know that she is hosting a fun summer camp where she has different projects each week.  The first week we made little wiggly caterpillars and the kids had fun yarnbombing my mom's apple trees


This week is all about Monsters!
Yesterday, she stopped by my house and dropped off some way cute little ponchos for my girls to play with.  They were so excited and have NOT wanted to leave them alone! 

 They got a kick out of the Monster Poncho and I think they've all tried it on by now.


The little one is a bit harder to get photos of, but this one was so cute on her.  It makes me think of the song Flying Purple People eater (are those really the words?)


The Battle Bird was  Heidi's design from the Battle of the Stitches crochet challenge.  My girls have hooded towels for bath time that they love and this would be great for them to take with them swimming and running through the sprinklers.  You can also use it as a hooded blanket which is a great option since it will start to cool down after next month.   So,  Woo Hoo for meeting one amazing lady!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is so Awesome. Sounds like you all had a fantastic day!! Very exciting for sure. I have so much respect for both of you as designers, & moms. I wish I had not waited so long to start crocheting & knitting again, but happy I have ladies like you to fill my days. So happy for all you ladies do. Thank You

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation