Friday, July 31, 2015

It's County Fair Time with my Basket Weave Chevron Afghan Crochet Pattern

Have you ever entered something you've made into the County or State Fair?  When I was little and in 4H, I entered some Lemon Bars that I made and a Cake that I decorated, but that's been my one and only experience.  I don't like being judged!  It makes me really nervous to have someone look over my work really closely and then critique or judge it, so I've never entered any crochet projects let alone my own designs!  


Basket Weave Afghan by Crafting Friends DesignsOur County Fair is at the end of this month and I think I've finally found the perfect thing to take and enter.  (Yes, I'm already nervous!) When I first started considering working with the Basket Weave stitch, I wanted something completely unique from what was out there.  It seems like everything is always worked in straight rows and I HAVE to be different!  I've been obsessed with Chevron designs lately and thought "How cool would this combo be?!" When I designed my Basket Weave Chevron Afghan crochet pattern, I was amazed with myself.  I did it!!!  Woo Hoo :)  I originally just made a small prop size blanket because I thought the texture would be amazing for photos.   When that was finished, I knew I HAD to make a throw size blanket for myself and boy am I glad I did...

  It took a while to complete because I would set it aside to work on other new patterns and I've updated 9 of my oldest patterns during that time too.  When I fastened it off, I just wanted to sit and snuggle with it and stare at it.  I typically design afghans for other people, but this one, I think will be mine.  (I deserve to treat myself to something now and then, right?) I used Caron Simply Soft for this design so that it would be a lighter weight and more flexible than other thicker yarns with the Basket Weave stitch and it was a great choice.  
Crafting Friends Designs Basket Weave Afghan
Basket Weave Chevron Afghan by Crafting Friends Designs

Basket Weave Afghan by Crafting Friends Designs
Basket Weave Chevron Afghan crochet pattern by Crafting Friends Designs
 So,  to celebrate taking this to the fair,  you can grab a copy of the crochet pattern for only $2.95 through August 8, 2015 at www.craftingfriendsdesigns.com
I would LOVE to see the colors you use for yours!
A big thanks goes out to Two Color Photography and Ash & Co for the beautiful photos!
Happy Fall everyone and enjoy the change of the season.
Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation