Saturday, February 22, 2014

An unfinished project with one question in mind - Keep going or turn it into something else?

Isn't it funny how the mind works?  When the creative juices start flowing,  it's hard to focus on anything else but that next design that you are dieing to work up!  As I was looking for a crochet book to reference an afghan pattern to here on the blog,  I had to move a box of unfinished projects out of my way.  Uggghh!  The Guilt and the dread that I felt - well....It was sad :( 

I bet it's been close to 1 1/2 years ago that I started a small Red, White and Blue afghan.  Really,  it's like a baby sized afghan and it's still sitting in my pile - I know, I have issues.  I have always worked really small bubble style stitches and I thought it would be fun to try a larger popcorn type of a stitch. I had a good sized stash of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn  and I kept telling myself that I needed to use the stash up before I go out and buy any more.  In all seriousness,  do you know any hookers who clean out their stash of yarn before buying more?   I don't.  And don't let anyone fool you - they probably have some yarn hidden in the closet or under the bed. This pattern was fun at first.  I just made it all up as I went along my merry way.  Nothing spectacular, just some good ole simple, mindless stitches. Then....Creativity struck!!! Now, I don't know what it was that made me put the afghan aside, but I had to get those fingers moving on . 



As I pulled the Patriotic afghan out today,  I questioned myself...  Should I finish the color pattern I originally had in mind (which would mean a bunch more rows) OR turn it into a pillow covering?

Crocheting is like eating potato chips.  Just like "I bet you can't eat just One"  with crochet,  it's more of
"I bet you can't have just one project going at a time".  So, there you have my 10 projects that need finished.  I know I'm not the only one out there who does this, so I issues a WIP Challenge on my FaceBook Page.
I'm holding myself accountable this weekend to finish as many of these as I can.


Now,  Tell me,  How many projects do you have set aside and how long has it been since you worked on it last?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation