Friday, January 31, 2014

CAL Project Materials

Good morning my friends.  I hope you have all had a good week and are off to the start of a fun weekend. 
I will be starting my Crochet-A-Long on Monday.  There will be quite a few of us working together and I can't wait to see your end results! 

This project is gender neutral and can be made in various sizes.  I will post 1 section of the pattern each day on my blog until we reach the "repeat" sections and then I will give you a few days (or more if needed) to work through those.  At the end of the CAL,  I ask that you post a photo of your project on my FaceBook page and msg me your email address or Ravelry ID and I will "gift" you the PDF pattern for your keeping. 

So, Let's get started!  Here is a list of the materials you will need.

This will require 3 colors of yarn. It can be your brand preference as long as it's a #4 WW yarn.
       I have used Red Heart Super Saver for mine.  You could also use Caron Simply Soft, Red Heart Soft,  
       Vanna's Choice or something similar
             1. Your first color needs to be dark. 
             2. Your second color needs to be a lighter shade of your first color. 
             3. Your third color needs to be a neutral.
                  For example:  Windsor Blue, Country Blue, Aran
                                        Dark Sage, Light Sage, Aran
                                        Claret, Dusty Rose, Cream
Yarn Qty: Small - 6oz each color
                Med -  12oz each color
                Large - 18oz each color


Hook size: H (this is what I use, but again, you can use the hook size you are most comfortable with as the pattern will work for any size.


This is a great way to go through some of that stash that you've been hiding under your bed. Or maybe in the closet?  Mine is all over the place since I have a small house and not enough storage :)  And if you don't have enough in your stash, well, now you have a reason to go shopping - right?
I'm so excited!  Go gather your things and we'll meet back her on Monday at 11am MST.  (the first section will only take you a couple of minutes)


1 comment:

Your comment is awaiting moderation