Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm gonna make it work - or balls of yarn may be flying through the air

As I began my adventure in designing baby dresses, I intended on only making newborn size.  I quickly learne that - though that size is great - Everyone wants a variety of sizes to go with each option.  Jumping to the task at hand, I was able to create instructions for 4 sizes ranging from newborn - 12 months.  4 testers, 6 patterns in 4 sizes plus the 4 dresses I made to work with the testers was actually smooth sailing in order to release my first pattern pack of dresses.

On to the next task - Toddler sizes for the same 6 patterns.  Luckily the sizing of the infant dresses was an easy fix.  If it had not been, I may have stopped there!  Honestly - The toddler sizing has KICKED MY BUTT!!!  I should have taken pictures of the tragedies I came up with. (really, the dresses didn't look bad, but the sizing was just not right)  I would work 8 rows of the pattern to find out that it was to wide or not wide enough and have to start over...not once, not twice, but at Least a dozen times.  Grrrr! 

Alas, I think my trials for the toddler dresses are coming to a close :)  I have made the tops to an 18mo, 2T, 3T, & 4T.  Now, to work on the instructions for the 6 different skirt options and get it all out to the fantastic ladies who test for me. 

Once the toddler patterns are released, I will hopefully be able to figure out instructions for 1 more size to the Emerald City dress (which has not been released yet).  I have also had requests for different sizing of the Angelique dress - That will be an interesting task, but I shall give it a try.

I also have an option for the butterfly pattern on the arms.  I can't decide if I should type it up and offer it as a freebie option for those who have purchased the basic patterns, or if I should create a new skirt and release it as a new dress.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Have a safe and relaxing weekend and if you can, take a minute and notice all the beautiful flowers that are popping up everywhere and the birds chirping :) 

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to dresses in toddler sizes, cuz my nieces are no longer newborns, and I love to crochet for them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation